We are passionate about not only providing housing and building new homes in Stockport, but helping to transform the lives of our customers, by ensuring we attract and retain the best staff.
Stockport Homes was formed in 2005, to manage housing stock across Stockport on behalf of Stockport Council.
As a limited company, we operate as an ALMO which is an ‘Arm’s Length Management Organisation’, so whilst the company is owned by the Council, we operate independently on day-to-day matters and delivering services to our customers.
Being an ALMO means that we have the opportunity to bid for significant amounts of money for investment in homes. We also receive income from other sources relating to the various services provided.
In 2015 we signed a new management agreement with the Council, which means we will be continuing to manage homes and transform lives until at least 2042.
In January 2017 we launched a new company structure, enabling us to deliver our aims more efficiently. Stockport Homes became part of Stockport Homes Group which now also includes:
- ‘Viaduct’, our development arm, meeting the growing demand for all types of new housing in Stockport.
- ‘Three Sixty’, our trading company, delivering our capital works programme and commercially selling construction services.
2019 will see the launch of our new charity arm ‘Foundations Stockport’.
We are consistently recognised as leaders in our field, with numerous awards and accreditations, delivering the best services by being a great place to work.
Our commitment to our people is recognised through our Investors in People (IIP), IIP Health & Wellbeing and Best Companies accreditations, which we have proudly retained for the past 10 years.
We are also a Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Not-for-Profit Organisation to Work For’. We are a strong values driven organisation and are looking for people who can embrace our ‘ASPIRE’ culture to deliver services and to transform lives. ASPIRE stands for:
- Ambition – We have the ambition and courage to challenge; translating this into commercial succes and brilliant outcomes for customers
- Social Responsibility – We always try to do the right thing; using our role as a service provider, employer and buyer to generate trust, build our communities and empower our people
- Passion – We have a passion for what we do; with positive, motivated and enthusiastic staff who enjoy their work
- Innovation – We are innovative in everything we do; with the agility, creativity and edge to keep defying expectations and deliver fresh and exciting things
- Respect – We treat each other with respect; supporting and inspiring one another and collaborating across teams and partnerships
- Excellence – We continually improve how we work; challenging the status quo, learning from what goes well and always being professional