Hours Of Work : Monday to Friday 12pm – 10pm
To receive and dispatch all goods within the Warehouse Department
Key Roles and Responsibilities
· Assist the Warehouse Manager of in the execution of their duties in support of the Head of Operations and Land Souths vision of the company to become more competitive and profitable
· Understand and execute the departments vision of good business development in order to successfully account for, store and deliver clients good to the end user
· Complete all warehouse activities correctly and on time including checking for damaged goods, loading and unloading operations including the use of forklift trucks
· Ensure all other operational activities are completed on time and in conjunction with SOPs
· Maintain and utilise the operational system at all times ensuring all client products are accounted for maintaining accurate electronic and hard copy of records and dispatch of goods
· Maintain good customer and inter-departmental relationships at all times
· Complete all paperwork accurately at all times
· Proactively reduce cargo handling errors by careful handling of goods
· Implement and improve new efficiencies in workflow in conjunction with line manager and warehouse handling performance improvements
Health and Safety Responsibility
· Report all accidents and near misses to the Warehouse Manager and Health and Safety
Manager without delay
· Read and follow any risk assessments and safe systems of work
· Follow the company Health and Safety and Environmental Policy
· Isolate and report all faulty equipment to the line manager without delay
· Maintain good housekeeping of work area at all times
· Carry out daily pre-use checks on vehicles and complete pre-use check sheet
paperwork for forklift trucks ensuring lights, horn, battery water levels and seatbelts
are operating correctly recording and reporting any defects to the Warehouse Manager
Human Resources Responsibility
· Ensure compliance with the Employee Handbook
· Report Discipline and Grievance issues to the line manager immediately
· Report non-attendance and sickness absence to line manager and HR Department
Skills and Competency
· Hard working and conscientious with a flexible approach to work
· Previous warehouse experience (desirable)
· Previous pick/pack experience (desirable)
· Forklift License (desirable)
· Ability to prioritise own workload but also be able to work as part of a team
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal
We offer the following benefits:
· Confidential EAP platform for you and your immediate family members as spouse/partners and children aged 16 to 24 in full-time education, living in the same household
· Access to our Employee Discounts and Perks, which includes Grocery Shopping, Holidays, Movies, Sports, Wellness and many more.
· After completing six months service, ALPI UK Death in Service equal to three times your annual salary.
· After one years service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
· After one years service company contributions increase 9% for the Group personal Pension Plan.
· Holiday loyalty days up to a maximum of 5 days (1 per each full year of employment completed)
Ease of Commute
· The company has its own free carpark with allocated company spaces (first come basis) and an adjacent public highway with limited parking restrictions.
· ALPI UK Ltd, Miles Gray Road, is adjacent to the A127 (separated sufficiently, yet in close enough proximity for ease of access).
· We are approximately a brisk thirty-minute walk from the Basildon main line railway station, C2C line Southend Fenchurch Street.
· The First Group 100 bus amongst others stop on the Pipps Hill Retail Park (ASDA B&Q, TK Maxx etc.) Route: Lakeside Chelmsford.
Alpi UK is part of the Albini & Pitigliani Group www.alpiworld.com #Alpiness.
We actively encourage and promote diversity and are committed to equal opportunities for all.