This essential post is required to maintain the safe, orderly and expeditious flow of air traffic, preventing collisions between aircraft in the air and also between aircraft and vehicles on the manoeuvring area. Ensure that all tasks undertaken adhere to relevant regulatory and company standards. Notify appropriate organisations regarding any reportable incidents such as aircraft in need of search and rescue, and assist such organisations as required.
Specific Responsibilities and Objectives
• Provide ATS appropriate to the Class of airspace,
• Liaise with internal and external agencies.
• Follow and comply with the company’s Safety Management System (SMS).
• Perform ancillary tasks as required to maintain effective running of the ATC department.
• Take responsibility for own actions.
• Interact effectively with other operational ATC team members.
• Control of aircraft on the manoeuvring area
• Control of vehicles on the manoeuvring area
• The organisation and control of air traffic arriving, departing and flying in the vicinity of London Southend Airport.
• Issuing information and instructions to aircraft.
• Co-ordination with adjacent agencies as required.
• Providing an alerting service to airfield and external agencies.
• Operation of airport, ATC and related systems in accordance with published procedures.
• Compliance with ATC and company regulations, and SMS reporting procedures.
• Maintenance of CAA and company administrative records in accordance with published procedures.
• Liaison with other airport departments and external agencies as required.
• Ensuring movement areas and associated facilities are adequately inspected.
• Checking of ATC related equipment status, and reporting any unserviceabilities appropriately.
• Preparation and dissemination of meteorological reports in accordance with CAP782
• Where an OJTI endorsement is held: the supervision, training and reporting requirements detailed in the unit training plan.
• Acting as the airport authority when required, in the absence of airport management.
• When appropriate, brief working parties requesting to work airside.
• Report incidents or unavailable services in accordance with local procedures and the Southend Airport SMS.
• Oversight, training and delegation of work to ATCAs working in the control tower.
• Initiation of bird control activities when required.
• Selection of airfield lighting in accordance with CAP168
• Participation in regular emergency training scenarios in line with the unit TRUCE scheme.
• Adherence to SRATCOH working hours and breaks, and to other ATCO’s SRATCOH requirements in accordance with CAP670.
• Maintenance of ATC license requirements, including a current valid JAA Class 3 Medical certificate.
• Ancillary tasks including (but not exhaustive):
o Answering and processing all telephones in ATC
o Processing AFTN messages.
o FPS processing and completing movement logs.
o Assist in administrative duties including answering/processing ATC emails, participation in HAZID/Risk Assessment processes
o Attend meetings and courses with other departments.
o Airfield inspections during winter operations.
• Attend courses as appropriate to performing the required ATC functions required by the ATC department and airport.
• Carry out other reasonable duties as required
|Company Name||London Southend Airport|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Number of Positions Available||1|
|Town/City||Southend on Sea|
|Website Link / Email address to Apply||https://esken.pinpointhq.com/en/jobs/10949|
|Sector(s)||Leisure, Sport and Tourism|